If your business is constructing a new building, remodeling, adding on to an existing building, installing or upgrading certain systems or equipment or adding a new process to your operations. Then you may be required to schedule an inspection or multiple progress inspections with the fire district.
Examples of construction/operational inspections include but are not limited to:
- Underground fire line installation.
- Backfill requirements
- Restraining methods
- Under and above ground piping hydrostatic pressure tests.
- Under and above ground pipe flushing.
- Fire alarm wiring and device installation prior to covering.
- Fire sprinkler pipe and bracing prior to covering.
- Fire resistance requirements prior to covering.
- Final sprinkler system acceptance test.
- Final fire alarm system acceptance test.
- Final Fire pump acceptance test.
- Final kitchen hood suppression system test.
- Fire hydrant flow test.
- Water tank installation inspections.
- Hazardous materials process, use and storage requirements.
- Spray Finishing and Powder Coating
- Hot Work
- Fuel Dispensing
- LPG Storage and/or sales
Prior to obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy from the Cochise County Planning Department, a final inspection will need to be performed. Common items inspected include:
- Emergency and stand by power
- Occupant load
- Knox box installation
- Gate Knox override operation
- Address display
- Fire extinguisher installation
Please refer to the following documents for more in-depth information:
- New Construction Inspection Form (1959 downloads)
- Fire Pump Plan Review (2165 downloads)
- Kitchen Hood Plan Review (1959 downloads)
- Sprinkler Plan Review, NFPA 13R (3043 downloads)
- Spray Finish Plan Review (2466 downloads)
- Sprinkler Plan Review, NFPA 13 (8260 downloads)
- Sprinkler Plan Review, NFPA 13D (2613 downloads)